A new (to me, IAC) spelling rule

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Wed Sep 1 05:12:48 UTC 2010

--

I see this orthographic convention put forth here in a modern popular
insect book:

http://tinyurl.com/26pn4h9

It is unclear (to me) whether the authors are promulgating a "rule" or
simply stating their own preferences or practices.

Anyway, other insect books seem to use various styles, and other
orthographic "rules" for common insect name orthography have been proposed.

-- Doug Wilson