The things you learn on NPR

Dave Hause dwhause at JOBE.NET
Thu Sep 2 01:50:29 UTC 2010

Not knowing squat from baseball, but this one strikes me as an unremarkable
quotation, unless one thinks it strange that a Dominican ball player would
know that the anatomic arm goes from the shoulder to the elbow, the forearm
from the elbow to the wrist.
Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
Waynesville, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurence Horn" <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>

Oops.  That was going to be "Joaquin Andújar" (if
the accent comes out) or "Joaquin Andujar" (if it
doesn't), not Andjar.  Besides the immortal
reference to "youneverknow" as his favorite word
in the English language, the Dominican-born
pitcher was almost equally eloquent on a number
of other occasions...

"It wasn't my arm (that was injured). It was my forearm."
Source: AP Wire (1988)