The things you learn on NPR

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Thu Sep 2 03:34:05 UTC 2010

I rather suspect a failure to recognize the compositionality of
"forearm". So you have a non-native speaker of English being told that
he has a problem with his forearm, and not realizing that it's a
compound of "fore"+"arm" (or, for that matter, that "fore" recurs in
"forehead" and other words).

Alice Faber                                       faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                            tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                               fax (203) 865-8963