it doesn't behoove you

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 3 16:19:18 UTC 2010

Just a thought -- isn't the use of "behoove" part of a more general
confusion between the concepts of "not required to ..." and "required
not to ..."?

Even sticking with a definition of "advantageous", saying something is
not advantageous doesn't mean it makes you worse off. If you say it is
advantageous not to do something, then you are better off not doing
it.

DanG