shit! (coarse exclamation of annoyance or disgust)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 5 20:54:18 UTC 2010

"Not give a rat's ass" is not uncommon in semi-autobiographical fiction
about World War II. One of the earliest novels to include it is Leon Uris's
_Battle Cry_ (1950-52, pub. 1953).

JL