"rat's ass" (Was: shit!)

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Mon Sep 6 02:16:46 UTC 2010

From: "Laurence Horn" <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>

> There is some debate as to whether a shit might be more worthless
> than a rat's ass. However, it is generally contended that a flying
> fuck is not real in even a metaphorical sense; my conclusion is that
> by saying "I don't give a flying fuck", the implied meaning is "I
> don't even care enough to make a coherent sentence regarding the
> topic."
> LH

That had crossed my mind, too, thinking around this, but in the longer
version, "don't give a flying fuck at the moon".

There are 28,900 ghits for the longer "flying fuck at the moon", against
176,000 ghits for "flying fuck" which (presumably) include or encompass the
longer variant.  Dunno which precedes what here, but.

Having been elegantly corrected by Joel and enlightened by Laurence, I think
I'll now bow out of this thread.  <g>

Robin