slash

Mon Sep 6 12:28:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Charles C Doyle <cdoyle at uga.edu> wrote:

> Not the same topic, really, but this is still about vocalized (or "oralized") punctuation marks:
>
> One of my students insists that she attended high school with a girl who spelled her name
> L--a and pronounced it "la dash ah" (the "dash" should appear as a solid line, probably).
>
> I shared the information about L--a with a friend who teaches in elementary school, and
> she reported a similarly named student in her school:  K--a.

I posted these links to Laura Wattenberg's three-part blog post last
year, since "Ledasha" (+ variants) has come up here in the past:

http://www.babynamewizard.com/archives/2009/10/ledasha-legends-and-race-part-one
http://www.babynamewizard.com/archives/2009/10/ledasha-legends-and-race-part-two
http://www.babynamewizard.com/archives/2009/10/ledasha-legends-and-race-part-three-of-three

--