Modern Proverb: The future is already here, it's just unevenly distributed (attrib William Gibson 1995 Sept 1)

Thu Sep 9 00:45:24 UTC 2010

Thanks Jon for the link to the excellent MST3K short. The specialized
Wikia states that the air date of the Design for Dreaming short
feature was February 5, 1994.

http://mst3k.wikia.com/wiki/12_to_the_Moon

Servo: Future may not be available as seen. Personal fates may vary.
Future not available in Africa, India, or Central South America.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mystery_Science_Theater_3000

Great thanks Fred for the wonderful 1992 cite! This discovery means
that the difficult to check hypothetical 1993 NPR radio citation has
been superseded. The MST3K episode has also been antedated.

Both cites you've given are especially valuable to me because I cannot
seem to find the San Francisco Examiner or the Courier-Mail (in
Brisbane, Australia I assume) in the databases that I know about and
can access.

Garson

Jonathan Lighter wrote

> Garson, I may have mixed up two or more shorts.
>
> Here's the right one. The quote starts at 8:44, but don't hesitate to watch
> from the beginning!
>
> http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=3D25034
>
> JL

Fred Shapiro wrote