Not a teddy bear

Lisa Galvin lisagal23 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 13 15:34:26 UTC 2010

Just for the record, if anyone is counting, I am "definantly" in the "teddy-bear is a distinctive type of stuffed toy, and not the same as other types of stuffed bears" camp, agreeing with Jesse's definition.  A stuffed animal resembling an actual bear, let's say standing on all four legs, would not be a teddy bear, in my (Pacific Northwest USA) dialect either. A teddy bear is more doll-like than animal-like.

Lisa Galvin