"cat-head" = large apple (UNCLASSIFIED)

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 13 20:41:53 UTC 2010

I just got--literally minutes ago--my second (used) copy of DARE I in
the mail (my original copy is in storage and I can't access it
easily). "Cathead 2. large lumpy biscuit" cites Mencken from 2nd
supplement to AL in 1948. But "Cathead 1." is "a woman's breast",
going back to 1805. Might explain the giant apple connection. Then,
again, it might not...

VS-)