better with each passing day (UNCLASSIFIED)

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Wed Sep 15 02:04:17 UTC 2010

On 9/14/10 9:39 PM, Joel S. Berson wrote:
> At 9/14/2010 07:46 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
>> Lots of lines from "Hamlet" too, although I've heard that was a stage
>> play before it was a movie.
>
> My mother the English teacher used to tell me, Shakespeare is just
> full of quotations.

When I was first assigned Shakespeare, in high school, that was exactly
my reaction: "what's so great about this? it's full of cliched
quotations!". Fortunately, for once in my life, I thought before I spoke.

Alice Faber                                       faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                            tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                               fax (203) 865-8963