Bert Kelly's Jaz Band

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 15 15:16:26 UTC 2010

I don't think it does.  In 1915 the practice of expurgating words in U.S.
newspapers was dead  - at least in my reading experience.  If a word was
unprintable, no part of it would be printed.  This was true for decades. I
believe the use of dashes came back slowly, beginning ca1970.

JL