JEEP again

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 22 23:37:12 UTC 2010

That's the earliest traceable connection between "jeep" and half-ton payload
"command car." Perhaps the writer confused the two vehicles. A few weeks
later, the _The Courier_ (Waterloo, Ia.) (Apr. 10, 1941), p. 8, describes
the "jeep" as "a half-ton truck fitted as a command car."
JL