JEEP again

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 23 18:48:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> IIRC, the 1/2-ton "jeep" was designed and manufactured by Dodge.

I*I*RC, the WWII "jeep" was stereotypically manufactured - WRT design,
further deponent sayeth not, having not even a WAG on this point - by
Willys-Overland. Further information, sadly also based on memory, can
be found at

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ/Ya&sdn=4wheeldrive&cdn=autos&tm=57&f=00&tt=14&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.public.asu.edu/%7Egrover/willys/ws.html

"The Willys Story - as I know it"

(Uh, I own Bitly, but I don't know how to use it, never having needed
it before now. Sorry about that!) :-(

-Wilson
–––
–Mark Twain