JEEP again

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 23 19:18:47 UTC 2010

  If we are to assume that Wiki information is accurate, the original
Jeeps were designed by American Bantam--with engines from
Willys-Overland and drive train from Spicer--and manufactured by Ford,
although some were built by Willis-Overland as well.

Dodge seems highly unlikely to me, as Chrysler did not acquire American
Motors, which, at the time, included the Jeep division, until 1987 (AMC
had bought Jeep in 1970). The original trademark appears to have been
owned by Willys-Overland, but they licenced it to many other
manufacturers, mostly foreign.

     VS-)