Green's Dictionary of Slang

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 23 19:33:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Victor Steinbok <aardvark66 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is actually nice piece of news. Even with international shipping
> charges, ordering the volume from AmazonUK is likely to save you well
> over 1/3 of the cost. Unless AmazonUS offers a similar discount, that's
> well worth the extra wait for the shipment.

Hear! Hear!

I also heartily agree with the (implied) suggestion that it pays to
shop around among all units of Amazon, not only for price, but also
for, e.g. hard-to-find material on minority languages. That book on
French Basque(s) unknown to AmazonUS may well be readily available
from AmazonFr. Youneverknow.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be possible to game iTunes that way.
A startling amount of American R&B, blues, rockabilly, and C&W from my
youth, childhood, and even earlier, which I collect as a retirement
hobby, not held by iTunesUS *is* held by iTunesUK, iTunesGe, and even
by iTunesJa, but you can't download it to the US.

Hm! As I wrote that, it occurred to me that I haven't tried to cop
from the mp3 sections of overseas Amazons, yet. Who knows? Worth
looking into. Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
–––