tousled

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 24 20:49:14 UTC 2010

"Unkempt" entails "sloppy."  Unlike "uncombed," in the sense that, like an
Afro, it isn't supposed to be combed and looks OK on it own terms.

I have never seen Catherine Herridge on the tube with "unkempt" hair, though
it used to be quite short and even now looks barely tousleable.

JL