"blue laws"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Sep 28 15:33:20 UTC 2010

Reading Wikipedia a little further, it claims:

"Rather, the word blue was commonly used in the 18th century as a
disparaging reference to rigid moral codes and those who observed
them (e.g., "bluenoses", blue movies)."

Rhetorical questions (that is, only respond if you wish):  What are
their authorities for:

1)  "Bluenoses" in the 18th century?  The OED has this from 1927.

2)   "Blue movies" -- let alone any movies -- in the 18th century?

:-)
Joel