parochial school (UNCLASSIFIED)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Apr 5 16:03:08 UTC 2011

My experience growing up in New York City in the same period a Paul
is the same -- I heard of parochial (Catholic) schools and Hebrew
schools.  If there were "parochial" (religious) schools for
Protestant denominations I wasn't aware of them.

That colors my reception today -- if I read "parochial" my thought is
"Catholic" unless and until something else changes that presumption.

Joel