caviar

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 5 19:43:31 UTC 2011

"Very* interesting essay, Victor! I'd grown up under the impression
that _ikra_ means *specifically* "caviar." But then, there wasn't much
time in the *Voennaia* shkola iazykov for an in-depth discussion of
nastoiachaia russkaia pishcha . (We were shown a movie in which a
parody of a Japanese gentleman riding the Orient Express says to a
waiter, in a very thick, pswaydo-Japanese accent, "Ia khochu ---
nastoiachuio --- russkuiu --- pishchu.")

And doesn't _ikra_ also mean, "calf [of the leg]"?

--
-Wilson
-----