parochial school

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 6 13:39:04 UTC 2011

That would have been the Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod, the rather
conservative group I grew up in.  They did have a prep school system
with nine campuses around the country.  These were boarding schools
offering high school and junior college and based on the model of the
German Gymnasium.  I attended the one in Milwaukee.  The purpose of
these schools was to prepare boys for the ordained Lutheran ministry.
I ran away and joined the Peace Corps in 1963 rather than go on to
seminary.

Herb