"It is crispy and ridiculous!"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 7 16:36:16 UTC 2011

OED actually has the apposite "ridiculous" from 1959.

In "crispy and ridiculous," however, it seems to have lost, predictably,
most of its original force. Cf. "awesome," which thirty years ago meant
"extraordinarily good."  Now it's more like "quite good." Something
extraordinarily good would now be "fucking awesome."

JL