Shakespeare as inventor of new words

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 8 15:21:01 UTC 2011

And because he was Shakespeare, once he "made them up" everybody knew
exactly what they meant.

If I were to make up a word  (say, "gickblatt") nobody would understand it.

Which once again goes to show Shakespeare's uncanny (of course I mean
"eerie") genius.

JL