Genoise -- 1838

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 8 18:43:54 UTC 2011

That was cut-and-pasted directly from the website, so your beef (or egg)
is with the dictionary.

While on the subject. I was just looking at a 1834 cookbook (Parisian
Cook-book) that had "Genoise" as a category right next to "Madelene". In
fact, the word "genoise" only appeared twice in the entire text, while
the plural was all over the place ("genoises"). I'll post on this later,
unless someone beats me to the punch and gets it pushed back even
further. I might post this one anyway, as there is an additional twist
to this particular appearance.

     VS-)