play pepper

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Apr 11 14:23:43 UTC 2011

At 4/10/2011 11:32 PM, Dan Goncharoff wrote:
>I don't know how you play pepper with a wall -- perhaps you throw the ball
>against the wall and field it, and throw and field, etc.

Another misattribution to Spaulding?  The ball thrown against the
wall must be a Spaldeen.  :-)

I think the idea is that Adrian Gonzales will hit many line drives
that bounce off the Green Monster and back at the outfielder(s) as
quickly as a ball is hit to the fielders in a pepper game.  A "hot pepper".

Joel