"Repugnican" = repugnant Republican

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 17 03:06:44 UTC 2011

This is a fairly common term on DailyKos and in TPM comments. To make
it even more interesting, "repugs" is even more common--235K raw ghits
vs. 16.2K raw for "repugnican".

The are several mentions (and entries) for repug(s) on UD, the
earliest appearing in a 2003 entry for "Frenchie":

> A pathetic attempt at insult used by _Repugs_.

It gets better. Here's the list of all the UD "repug-" entires
(judiciously culled of IMO irrelevant terms):

Repug
Repugged
Repuglican
repuglican't
repugly
Repugnican
Repugnicant
Rebugnicunt
Repugnivisionist
repugosphere
Repugs

Then it goes on to variation of Repuke (and is preceded by variations
of Repub-, starting with my personal favorite, Repube).

VS-)