play pepper

Sun Apr 17 23:06:09 UTC 2011

A similar citation shows up under pepper II. 4.b.:

> 1913    Bulletin (San Francisco) 19 Mar. 17/2   Del Howard has put a lot of life and pepper into the Seal herd,‥with some additional help behind the bat and in the box.

I'm interested by this in that it parallels the 8 or 12 passages from the Bulletin of that year which use the word novelty-word "jazz" to the same effect.

GAT

George A. Thompson
Author of A Documentary History of "The African Theatre", Northwestern Univ. Pr., 1998, but nothing much lately.  Working on a new edition, though.