more TV lingo

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 19 00:53:01 UTC 2011

There's a good 20 years of evolution between our respective
experiences--not sure if it's more than that. It's not that we have
dealt with different people, but the people we dealt with like were of
predominantly our own age. My experience, as you well know by now,
essentially started in college, which would have been in the
mid-1980s. At that time, I've heard both versions--even both versions
from people from the NYC area. But I've heard much more of progressive
and plural than non-progressive and singular. And, since then, I've
heard almost entirely the plural.

VS-)