"Gregorian Chant Chill-Out": title of a CD. [NT]

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 20 17:38:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Dan Goncharoff <thegonch at gmail.com> wrote:
> enlightenment[:]

"Gregorian monks regained their hipness[.]"

What are "Gregorian" monks and when have monks, of whatever order,
ever had hipness to lose, thereby making possible the "regaining" of
it? (Wait! Could it possibly have been the loss of hipness within the
Augustinian Order that was the true, fundamental motivation of the
Reformation?! Youneverknow.)

I didn't bother to read past the opening sentence cited above. The
suggestion that a kind of singing generally heard by us - or should
that be _we_? - Catholic polloi only during the celebration of
particular kinds of solemn high Masses is now itself to be celebrated
because it has regained its hipness and can now be usefully spoken
about using the vocabulary of hip-hop...

"Unreal. And I ain't going for it."

--
-Wilson
-----