humble brag

Thu Apr 21 19:55:01 UTC 2011

WOTY contender?

---
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704570704576275320082913808.html
Whether we like it or not, and especially on social media, we're all
self-promoters, broadcasting even our quasi-achievements to every
friend and follower.
In response, Harris Wittels, a standup comedian and a writer on the
NBC series "Parks and Recreation," created a Twitter feed called
Humblebrag, which compiles examples of the offense...
[Wittels:] "Humblebrag is a Twitter account I started where I re-tweet
people who have committed flagrant humble brags. And a humble brag is
basically a specific type of bragging that masks the brag in a
faux-humble guise."
---

--bgz

--