"Steven Tyler Swears On American Idol"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 22 00:58:47 UTC 2011

People laughed about it on the air.

In my day (1950s -'60s) no reference to the slip would have been made at
all, and Tyler would have been off the show - probably after a sign
hurriedly came on screen regretting "technical difficulties" that were
temporarily interrupting the broadcast. What's more, Tyler's TV career would
have been in some jeopardy. Slip or not, he might have faced a fine or
worse.

Just drawing a picture for young folks of the media in a different era.

JL