ho = 'eager or gullible enthusiast, usu. female (for); "sucker" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Apr 22 19:35:06 UTC 2011

At 2:25 PM -0500 4/22/11, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC wrote:
>Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
>Caveats: NONE
>
>>>From the review:  "My objective in reading this book [a compilation of
>letters of T. E. Lawrence] was to learn more about
>how-guys-talk-to-guys, with the idea that this could help me improve my
>relations with the male cast at my work (boss & colleagues)."
>
>Not sure that the correspondence of T. E. Lawrence would be the best
>model for talking with the guy in the next cubicle (unless, of course,
>you want to discuss the care and feeding of camels).

Definitely not.  It's easy to imagine his response, based on this
cite from Jon's HDAS entry, s.v. _cunt_:

2.  a despicable, contemptible, or foolish man--usu. considered vulgar

1922  T. E. Lawrence You're silly cunts, you rookies, to sweat yourselves.