Prepositions: words that you should never end a sentence!

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 25 15:37:36 UTC 2011

I've become sensitive lately to constructions like that. Fortunately, I only
find them in speech. Unfortunately, they're not all that uncoomon.

Yesterday an anchor on Fox News referred to a colleague as "someone who
we're never able to stay away!"

SWAG: the insidious effect of the stricture never to end a sentence with a
"preposition," blended with an increasing reluctance or inability to say
"PREP + _whom_."

JL