killing people and breaking things

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 29 15:39:46 UTC 2011

Interesting... goes contrary to the "lore" on a couple of levels--both
ignoring the role of the Cisterian abbot and translating the infamous line
in a new way. There are some other interesting details [OT]. The source I
cited earlier has Simon's head literally blown off by a rock thrown
violently by a woman (after he'd been slowed down by another injury during a
battle). Kind of reminds me of what happened to Somoza in Paraguay when his
armored limo was first stopped by machine-gun fire, then blown away with a
rocket launcher. Contemporaneous accounts differed widely from the current
Wiki version (limo vs. sedan, armed vs. unarmed, RPG hit from the rooftop
vs. from the side, etc.)

VS-)