Fwd: The manner in which it was arrived

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 2 16:16:22 UTC 2011

I've noticed this phenomenon before, though only once or twice. Both times,
however, were on NPR, and quite recently at that.  I believe the verbs were
different.

My suspicion is that people (or is it one NPR reporter?) are avoiding ending
a sentence with a "preposition" by the simple expedient of dropping the
"preposition."

Or is that too utterly absurd?

JL