work 'plastic surgery'

Sun Aug 7 22:55:20 UTC 2011

Here is an unverified example from Google Books of the phrase "work
done" being used to refer to plastic surgery I believe. WorldCat
agrees with GB on the 1968 date. Date probes look ok. Below is the
relevant extracted text:

Title: The youth doctors
Author: Patrick M. McGrady, Jr.
Publisher: New York : Coward-McCann, c1968.

I mentioned the name of a much-married actress whose silky-smooth face
and coquettish, sexy allure have made her the darling of cafe'
society, top-rated nightclubs, and an occasional Hollywood film.

"She's had some work done, shall I put it that way?" replied one
doctor. "She said she didn't, but she did."

http://books.google.com/books?id=YPlqAAAAMAAJ&q=%22some+work%22#search_anchor
http://books.google.com/books?id=K6azAAAAIAAJ&q=%22but+she+did%22#search_anchor

Note, GB dates are sometimes inaccurate and extracted text sometimes
contains errors. But I think this example is probably legitimate.