"The Bob Edwards Show"

Tue Aug 9 19:08:01 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Michael Quinion wrote:

> > A poster on another listserv mentions this satellite-radio program as
> > the sometime source of "interesting discussions on language."
>
> I used to do pieces on language for the Bob Edwards Show. Perhaps the
> poster meant those.

FWIW, he had John McWhorter on his show today talking about his new book:

---
http://www.bobedwardsradio.com/bes/
In his fourteenth book, John McWhorter asks readers to look at
language the way a linguist does, to examine and appreciate the oral
“tongue” as much as written language.  McWhorter is a linguist and
says that there is no such thing as “improper” grammar.  He explains
that and more, as discussed in What Language Is (And What It Isn’t and
What It Could Be).
---

No audio available online, unfortunately.

--bgz

--
Ben Zimmer
http://benzimmer.com/