More on substituting

Ron Butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Sun Aug 14 15:31:45 UTC 2011

I doubt that most people do even noticed.

Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4GLTE

------Original Message------
From: Dan Goncharoff <thegonch at GMAIL.COM>
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2011 11:29:28 AM GMT-0400
Subject: Re: [ADS-L] More on substituting

Do you really think the lack of intelligibility of a substitution
reversal is inflated?

I am shocked that a substitution reversal could survive an editing
process, not because it is grammatically incorrect but because it
completely miscommunicates information. That could not be said about
any of the other items on Arnold's list. A distinction with a
difference.

Sent from my iPhone