"Cock"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 16 11:26:07 UTC 2011

For some inexplicable reason, "That's high, low, jack, and the game!" is
missing from HDAS, though I know I had a bunch of cites.

Eric's explanation is of course correct.  The phrase appears frequently in
19th C. sources, esp. out West, with nuances translatable as "That's all she
wrote" and "That spells another big win for me!"

JL