"Cock"

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Wed Aug 17 00:58:31 UTC 2011

--

But here's another example, from this list:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1102B&L=ADS-L&D=0&1=ADS-L&9=A&I=-3&J=on&d=No+Match%3BMatch%3BMatches&z=4&P=46462

<<He found her cock, and his one too ....>>

--
--

I haven't met any such users of unisex "cock" AFAIK. But that's not to
say there are surely none.

Some may find unisex "cock" a priori intuitively unlikely, and I find it
so myself. Still, there is some indication that it exists/existed. It
may be that here-and-now intuitions apply imperfectly to other milieux.
In particular, I would expect little standardization of informal words
which are very seldom uttered, and maybe in some times and places and
social circles sex organs were not an everyday subject of casual
conversation.

For comparison, here is a reported case of "chinchin" (generally =
"penis") recommended as a term for "vagina" by Japanese education
authorities:

http://www.wowasis.com/travelblog/?p=2911

... although I'm not 100% sure the source is 100% impeccable ....

-- Doug Wilson