Aphorism: Mode passes; style remains. (Coco Chanel 1965) Question about French version

Wed Aug 17 13:39:21 UTC 2011

Victor, thank you very much for sharing those great finds. Here is a
version of the maxim applied to clothes
in 1932 (probably).

Cite: 1932, Good Looks for Girls by Hazel Rawson Cades, GB Page 156,
Harcourt, Brace and Company. (Google Books snippet; Not verified  on
paper)

Fashions change from year to year, season to season, day to day — but
good style really goes on forever.

http://books.google.com/books?id=KATPAAAAMAAJ&q=+forever#search_anchor