Vocabula Spam

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Wed Aug 17 20:05:17 UTC 2011

        I think I speak for almost all of us when I say that I don't
think this kind of post is O.K.  If Mr. Fiske wants to let us know the
contents of the latest Vocabula issue, that's fine.  If Vocabula
receives a favorable review from an independent source and he wants to
alert us to that fact, I do not object.  Posts like those add something
to the discussion, however limited and sales-oriented the contribution
may be.  But a post like the one below is nothing but a sales pitch and
is free of independent content.

John Baker

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Robert Fiske
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:55 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

CUNY Graduate School of Journalism has bought a Vocabula Review site
license.

Don't be left out; ask your library to buy a Vocabula site license:

http://www.vocabula.com/popupads/VRsitelicenses.asp

Robert Hartwell Fiske
The Vocabula Review

COMING IN NOVEMBER 2011 FROM SIMON & SCHUSTER
Robert Hartwell Fiske's Dictionary of Unendurable English

A Compendium of Mistakes in Grammar, Usage, and Spelling with
Commentary on Lexicographers and Linguists