Judge Judy: "There was a gate. They had somebody there in a _stiff collar_. Nobody got past that gate."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 19 22:15:59 UTC 2011

Thus spake the judge, reminiscing about her women's-dorm years.

Back in Saint Louis we used the term, "stiff _shirt_," to name a
starched, collared, white dress-shirt always worn with jacket and tie
- in those days, at least - the kind called a _waishatsu_ in Japanese.

It's not clear whether Judge Judy's "stiff collar" and my "stiff
shirt" have the same meaning. But, WTF, eh?

--
-Wilson
-----

Your HTML signature here