a missing "fast"?

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 25 14:56:35 UTC 2011

I vote for "securely". Under the laws of the time, it was possible to
engage in a secret marriage, but the couple was not entitle to
copulate until the marriage was publicly declared. That is Claudio's
issue here -- he is married (upon a true contract...she is fast my
wife), but he also "got possession" of his wife's bed without the
"denunciation ... of outward order".
DanG