a missing "fast"?

Nancy Friedman nancyf at WORDWORKING.COM
Fri Aug 26 13:19:05 UTC 2011

A little late to this (I get the digest). I wondered about a connection to
"handfasting," from Middle English "hondfesten," "to betroth."

A couple of years ago I went to a wedding that included a handfasting
ceremony:

http://nancyfriedman.typepad.com/away_with_words/2009/08/word-of-the-week-ha
ndfasting.html

Nancy