baby bump

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 30 07:11:43 UTC 2011

Has "baby bump" been mentioned here previously? It seems to be a popular
expression, initially taken from British tabloids, but now used in US press
as well, in reference to pregnant public figures. I've seen it used on a
couple of occasions in more general environments, but, for the most part,
the targets are celebrities--Beyonce being the latest. OED is mum on the
subject, of course.

Wiki is the only dictionary that has anything to say on the subject (and it
needs editing--I mean, tummy? seriously?):

(informal) The swelling of a woman's tummy in the latter stages of
> pregnancy.

VS-)