N-word - def. not covered

James A. Landau <JJJRLandau@netscape.com> JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Sun Dec 4 17:49:45 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 00:50:22 -0500 the wide-awake and far-from-colorblind Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
writes:

>Has anyone, anywhere, of whatever racial background, hailed the first
>mulatto President of the United States? A difference that makes no
>difference is no difference.

Back during the 1964 Presidential race (Goldwater vs. Johnson) it was frequently mentioned that Goldwater was "half-Jewish".  Wikipedia has this to say: "Goldwater's paternal grandparents, Michel and Sarah (Nathan) Goldwasser, had been married in the Great Synagogue of London.[5][6] Goldwater's mother came from an old Yankee family that included the famous theologian, Roger Williams of Rhode Island.[7] Goldwater's parents were married in an Episcopal church in Phoenix; for his entire life, Goldwater was an Episcopalian, though on rare occasions he referred to himself as "Jewish"."

Assuming Widipedia be correct, then by Jewish religious law Goldwater was Gentile since his mother was Gentile and Wikipedia says nothing about his converting to Judaism.

I always wondered: had Goldwater been elected (shudder), would be go down in history as our first half-Episcopalian President

    - James A. Landau