We're all Keynesians now -- ("Ich bin ein Berliner")

Reinhold {Rey} Aman aman at SONIC.NET
Wed Dec 7 01:48:13 UTC 2011

Dan Goncharoff wrote:

> In my view, he said "I am a jelly doughnut."

Your view is totally wrong.

> But I agree with the sentiment that it is the thought that counts.
> JFK's presence in Berlin, and his display of unity with the West
> Berliners, in German no less, were understood in a very positive way,
> despite his bad accent and grammar.

JFK's accent was not "bad" and his grammar was perfect.

--------------
@ Jerry Cohen:

On Nov. 30, 2011, Gerald Leonard Cohen wrote to James A. Landau:

    "I assume this is a joke.  If not, I'll dig out Reinhold Aman's
     article in which he (in his inimitable Reinhold Aman style)
     rebuts the jelly-doughnut-myth."

Hi, Jerry,

please don't post my copyrighted article.  ADS-Lers who have "Maledicta
11" (1995) can re-read my article (pp. 63-64), which is also accessible
in many university libraries.  Posting my debunking of that *idiotic* "I
am a jelly doughnut" garbage won't change the mind of Mr. Goncharoff &
Co., who stubbornly refuse to accept the scholarly evidence
contradicting their ignorant beliefs.

~~~ Reinhold {Rey} Aman ~~~
http://aman.members.sonic.net/contents11.html