so = 'absolutely; utterly; such'

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 9 17:40:23 UTC 2011

Preference is one thing, but there are differences in distribution and
in meaning. "So" is not merely emphatic, but may have a connotation of
"truly [is]" that "such" does not have--hence JL's "absolutely".

So, "I'm so a drama queen" is not merely "I'm such a drama queen", but
closer to "I _really_ am such a drama queen". It's almost like a double
emphasis packed into one. Same with "We're SO busted!"

     VS-)