taste in TV commercials

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 9 18:15:18 UTC 2011

A couple of years ago, an ad for pregnancy tests featured a stream of
urine many light-years long, though the words "urine" and "pee" were
not mentioned.

Now comes Duluth Trading Co. with TV ads

For long-tailed T-shirts that "CURE PLUMBER'S BUTT!" with close up of
a cartoon butt.

For advanced men's briefs that promise "NO STAIN! NO STINK! NO SWEAT!"

For futuristic jeans with a special crotch gusset to keep us caveman
types from "singing soprano when you crouch!" These are called "DULUTH
BALLROOM JEANS!"

"Plumber's butt" appears in HDAS III, if you can get divine
intervention to deliver a copy. The term is more recent, but the
inspiration may have something to do with those skits on SNL many
decades ago. (I almost said "moons," but that would have been so
wrong!)

List members born after 1980 may find this post both puzzling and
gratuitous. The rest will say, "They say *that* in TV *commercials*!?"
.
JL